top of page



Canada is home to not only some of North America's best educational facilities, but many of the world's top universities and colleges.


Canadian place a great emphasis on higher learning, and the government understands and realizes the importance a Canadian university degree has around the world.


Foreign students wishing to study in Canada are welcome to apply to study in Canada.


If you are a student wishing to study in Canada, or a current student looking for information on extending your study permit, working while you study, or working after you graduate, please contact Mustakas & Associates to discuss.


Foreign students who have applied for and been accepted into a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) may apply for a Canada Student Visa in order to come to Canada and complete the specific program for which they have been accepted. You must have received an acceptance letter from the designated institution which you plan to attend before you submit your application for a Canada student visa. Additionally, you must meet the following requirements for a Canada student visa:

  • You must have been accepted by a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada.

  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:

    • tuition fees

    • living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and

    • return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.

  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.

  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.

  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.


  • You wish to study in a short-term course or program:

    • You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

  • You are a family member of a Foreign representatives to Canada:

    • If you are a family member or staff member of a foreign representative to Canada accredited by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), you may not need a permit to study in Canada. You should contact your embassy in Canada. Your embassy can contact the Office of Protocol at GAC to find out whether you need a study permit.

  • You are a family member of foreign armed forces:

    • If you are a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act, you do not need a permit to study in Canada. If your family members, including minor children, want to study in Canada, they must meet the requirements.

  • You are a foreign national who is a  Registered Indian in Canada:

    • If you are a citizen of another country who has Registered Indian status in Canada, you do not need a permit to study in Canada.

bottom of page